Eye Makeup for Tired Eyes
I’ve had multiple requests for an eye makeup tutorial on my Instagram lately! A lot of you have been telling me I look “refreshed,” and while I think you’re crazy (because it’s a miracle I’m not falling asleep while typing this), I’m happy to share any tips I have for looking a little more bright-eyed!
I’ve found that a natural, clean eye looks best on me. I don’t use a lot of shadows, as I find they tend to make me look tired (and hello, who needs that?). This also takes me less than 5 minutes to do, which is necessary when you have a baby trying to climb all over you as you get ready in the morning.
I feel like my eye makeup routine is always changing, but here are the current products I’m using. Most are pricey while others you can find at your local drugstore:
Physicians Formula Concealer Stick in Soft Yellow
Amazing Cosmetics Amazing Concealer in Light Golden
Bobbi Brown Eye Shadow in Bone
Clinique Eyeshadow Palette in Spicy (<—this is old and they most likely don’t make it anymore. I use the darkest brown in the palette, any dark shimmery brown will do)
L’Oreal Infalliable Gel Liner in Espresso
Smashbox Eye Brightening Mascara in Black
a lash curler
Too Faced Primed and Poreless(or any setting powder)
(Click the photo below, and then zoom in for a larger view)
- I have REALLY dark circles. First I draw an upside down triangle with the Physicians Formula Concealer Stick and blend. I then repeat with the Amazing Cosmetics Amazing Concealer, and lightly dab over the entire area to blend.
- Next I set the concealer/corrector mixture with Too Faced Primed and Poreless setting powder to prevent it from melting throughout the day.
- Then I go over my entire eyelid up to the brow with Bobbi Brown Eyeshadow in Bone. It’s a neutral color and looks like I have nothing on, which I prefer. My eyes are very dark, and I find that dark shadows make me look tired. No thanks!
- Using the L’Oreal Infalliable Gel Liner, I lightly line the top of my eye and slightly on the bottom (not as heavy on the bottom).
- Then I go over the gel liner using the darkest shade of brown in my Clinique Palette. This softens the harsh look of the gel liner. I do this on top and bottom.
- Then for my favorite trick, I take my Too Faced setting powder again and swipe underneath my bottom lash line. This prevents any eyeliner from running throughout the day!
- I curl my lashes,
- And then I apply two coats of Smashbox Eye Brightening Mascara.
- Last, I take my L’Oreal Gel Liner and use it in my top and bottom waterline. My eyes are huge, and I don’t like how they look without liner in my waterline. You might skip this step if you want your eyes to appear larger.
- And you’re done!
Easy, right? I’m sure my routine will switch up again in a few months, but so many of you liked it on Instagram that I’m thinking I finally got something right! 😉 Hope that helps all of you that have been asking!