If you’ve just had a baby, or are sleep deprived in general, I’m here to help! Today I’m sharing my beauty tips on how to fake looking well rested.
1. Find a good concealer. I naturally have really dark circles (stupid genes), so concealer is always a must for me. My favorite lately has been Amazing Cosmetics Amazing Concealer. It’s…amazing. And makes me look like a whole new person! Bags? What bags?!
2. Wear blush. When you’re tired, you tend to get that sickly, pale look goin’ on. Add a pop of blush and BAM! you look fresh-faced again. My favorite is Nars Orgasm…it’s the perfect peachy pink that, when used sparingly, adds just the right amount of color to your cheeks. And I’m pretty sure it looks great on ALL skin tones!
3. Highlight, highlight, highlight. Brighten up your face a bit by applying highlighter to strategic areas. I apply mine on the top of my cheekbone, right above where I apply my blush, and down the center of my nose. I’ll also dab some in the inner corners of my eyes which immediately brightens them right up! I’m currently using theBalm’s Mary Louminizer. I received it in a Birchbox one month and I’ve been hooked ever since!
4. Curl those lashes. If you don’t already use an eyelash curler, you should! Curling those lashes widens your eyes and makes you look awake and refreshed! I use a drugstore brand eyelash curler, but any brand will do!
5. Mascara. This some of you ladies can do without…I cannot. It is a staple of mine, and you will never see me in public without it! Even if you just throw one coat on, it helps makes your eyes look brighter. Which is what we’re going for here. I love Benefit’s They’re Real mascara!
6. This isn’t a makeup tip, but a hair tip. Dry shampoo. I have FINALLY found a product good enough to help me to 3 days without washing my hair. This powder by Lulu Organics smells like lavender and removes any oily feeling from your scalp instantly. Which is great for those days you just don’t have time to wash your hair!
7. And last….put some color on your face with a great self tanner. Seeing as I had a summer baby, I have not been outside as much and I would’ve liked this summer! (Probably better for my skin anyway) So to FAKE it, or darken the minimal tan I have, I’ve been using Million Dollar Tan Self Tanner. This stuff isn’t streaky and leaves the perfect glow….and NEVER looks orange!
Cheers to not looking like death warmed over!