It’s officially award season! Woo hoo!!! As a total fashion and beauty junkie, I mainly watch award shows just to see the glamorous gowns, stunning makeup, and latest hair trends (and, you know, to see Kanye make a fool of himself, but that’s neither here nor there 😉 ). I’m constantly amazed by the intricate details of the gowns and precision with hair and makeup, and I sit there in total la-la land wishing I was all dolled up when really I’m on the couch pounding coconut milk ice cream while wearing sweats 😉
But we all deserve our glamorous moment, so today I’m teaming up with Q-Tips Precision Tips to give you a red carpet eye makeup tutorial, and then transform it for the best part….the AFTER PARTY! Because we all know that’s where the fun really happens!
I hadn’t heard of Q-Tips Precision Tips before, but now I’m totally convinced they’re a necessity in everyone’s makeup bag. I’m big on touch-ups when you’re being highly photographed (lipstick fades, eyeliner smears, etc), and I love that tapered end of Q-Tips Precision Tips makes it easy to do that. I’m sure all of these celebrities have hair and makeup artists that follow them around everywhere (I wish), but us little people do not, and therefore we are in charge of our own touchups! With today’s two looks, I’m showing you how to use Q-Tips Precision Tips to apply AND touchup your looks. So let’s get to the good stuff!
1. Apply a light copper shadow to your eyelid using a blending brush.
2. Apply your favorite bronze shadow in the crease of your eyelid with the same brush.
3. Using a pencil brush, apply your favorite dark brown shadow in a V motion to the outer corner of your eye.
4. Using a tapered blending brush, blend everything so there are no harsh lines!
5. Using Q-Tips Precision Tips (they’re the ultimate beauty tool and delicate enough to use near the eyes!), apply a shimmery gold highlight shadow right below the arch of your eyebrow.
6. Using the same Q-Tips Precision Tips, apply the same gold highlight shadow to the inner corner and halfway across your eyelid.
7. Apply your favorite black kohl liner at your upper lash line, and using Q-Tips Precision Tips apply the same dark brown shadow over it to soften harsh liner lines. Also apply the dark brown shadow slightly to the outer edge of your lower lash line.
8. Apply your favorite black mascara (or your favorite falsies like I have on here), and some bright lipstick and you’re RED CARPET READY!
One of my favorite tricks is to keep a few Q-Tips Precision Q-Tips on hand in a plastic baggy already coated in eye shadow for touchups! Perfect to help transform to your After Party look! 😉
1. Using Q-Tips Precision Tips, gently darken directly underneath your lash line with your favorite dark brown shadow to give a smokey effect.
2. Also apply the same dark brown shadow to the outer corner of your eye, gently blending inward.
3. Apply your favorite black kohl eyeliner to your upper and lower waterline (unless you have eye issues…then obviously don’t do that!)
4. Wipe off that bright lipstick and apply your favorite nude lipstick and nude gloss.
5. Touch up any necessary areas using Q-Tips Precision Tips (they make it so easy!).
6. You’re ready for the AFTER PARTY!
Once you’re finished, just toss your Q-Tips Precision Tips in the trash (they’re disposable AND biodegradable) and you’re good to go!
Be sure to check out Q-Tips’ Pinterest boards for more great ideas!
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.