Now that Landon is two, it’s been so fun to get him involved in holiday activities. He thoroughly enjoys anything hands on, and loves being a big helper in the kitchen. With Valentine’s Day around the corner, we’ve been thinking up fun ways to celebrate the holiday and make Valentines for the kids in his classroom. We recently got together with some close friends of ours, Lynzy of Sparkling Footsteps and her daughter Olivia, to make these fun chocolate dipped marshmallow arrows for Valentine’s Day!
We first placed the marshmallows on these fun heart straws which served as the base of the arrow. We then melted the chocolate and placed some of these fun Valentines sprinkles on a dish for the kids to dip the chocolate covered marshmallow into. Landon and Olivia had a BLAST doing this. However, I think more sprinkles made it into their mouths than they did on the marshmallows 😉
Landon’s T-shirt: Old Navy
Once all the marshmallows were dipped, we stuck the straws into a piece of styrofoam to allow the chocolate to dry. Since waiting is the hardest part, Lynzy and I kept the kids occupied with a fun kids Valentine’s Day match game! You can head over to to download this FREE printable!
Once they were dry, and while the kids were still playing, Lynzy and I attached the arrow ends that we cut out of construction paper to the opposite end of the straw using some washi tape. This completed the “arrow” look! We then wrapped the marshmallows in a cellophane bag and attached the most adorable target gift tag.
How cute are they?! Landon and Olivia are SO excited to pass them out during their Valentine’s Day party in class! Or, the ones they didn’t eat at least!
See the recipe below for a full list of ingredients and details! You can also purchase Landon’s Valentines mailbox here.
To download the FREE target tag printable, click here!
To see the kids Valentine’s day match game printable, head over to Lynzy’s blog here!
If you end up printing the game or creating the Valentine’s treats, we would love to see your pictures! Use the hashtag, #SFxLMValentine (you can tag us too –> @sparklingfootsteps & @laurmcbrideblog) and we will showcase our favorite one on Instagram on February 5th!
- 1 bag chocolate chips
- 1 bag marshmallows
- 1 jar Valentines sprinkles
- paper straws
- construction paper
- washi tape
- 1 piece of styrofoam (to hold the straws)
- cellophane bags
- Place marshmallows onto one end of the paper straws.
- Pour the sprinkles onto a plate or into a bowl.
- Melt the chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl in the microwave according to package directions, or using a double boiler.
- Dip each marshmallow into the chocolate, followed by immediately dipping it into the sprinkles.
- Place the opposite end of the straw into the piece of styrofoam to allow the marshmallow to dry.
- While drying, cut out the arrow feathers from construction paper.
- Once dry, attach the arrow feathers onto the opposite end of the marshmallow using washi tape.
- Wrap the marshmallow end of the arrow in a cellophane bag, and secure with printable gift tag.
- See post for printable target gift tags!