Thank you to Ninja Foodi for sponsoring today’s post! All thoughts and opinions are my own.
When my husband and I first started dating, it was a weekly Sunday night tradition to head to a bar in the college town I was living in at the time and eat hot wings, drink beer, and play darts. To this day, twelve years later, hot wings are still a favorite of ours – a love language if you will! But we have since been making a much healthier version of our favorite food. Today I’m sharing how we made Paleo Hot Wings in our Ninja Foodi!
If you recall, we recently shared about our experience with the Ninja Foodi – a pressure cooker and air fryer in one. This 2 in 1 small kitchen appliance has been rocking our world from the first time we used it. It AMAZES me that you can pressure cook and then air fry your food to a golden brown crisp all in one pot. And it’s SO good. We’ve made these hot wings a few times now, and love to dip them in our favorite paleo ranch dressing!
The Ninja Foodi comes with a recipe book featuring variety of meals that can be made in the Foodi. We modified their buffalo wings recipe only slightly, using Frank’s Red Hot instead of buffalo wing sauce and olive oil instead of canola oil. This recipe takes only 20 minutes to cook FROZEN wings to CRISPY buffalo hot wing perfection.
The frozen wings take only 5 minutes to cook in the pressure cooker (we used the pressure cooking lid). After they’re complete, we removed the pressure lid, coated the wings with some olive oil, and then closed the crisping lid to air fry them for 15 minutes. When finished, we simply tossed the crispy, brown wings in our hot sauce and salt mixture and BOOM. Recipe complete! All that’s missing is that ice cold beverage and a dart board 😉
I really love the two in one concept of the Ninja Foodi because it saves space in the kitchen! We’ve used it just for pressure cooking as well and the flavors are even better than other ones we have used.
If you have a Ninja Foodi, I’d love to know what you’ve created with it! I’m always looking for new recipes to try! 😉
- 1.5-2 lbs frozen wings
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 TBSP olive oil (or oil of choice)
- 2 TBSP Frank's Red Hot
- 1 tsp salt
- Place 1/2 cup of water in pot. Place wings into the Cook & Crisp basket and place basket into the pot.
- Attach pressure li, and make sure the pressure release valve is set to SEAL.
- Select PRESSURE and set HIGH. Set time to 5 minutes, and press START to begin.
- When pressure cooking is finished, quick release by carefully turning the pressure release valve to VENT. Remove lid (carefully!) when pressure has finished releasing.
- Pat wings dry with a paper towel, and then add 2 TBSP oil to the basket.
- Close crisping lid. Select AIR CRISP, and set temperature to 390F and time to 15 min. Press START.
- About 7 minutes in, lift the lid carefully use silicone tipped tongs to toss the wings. Close lid for remainder of time.
- While the wing are cooking, mix together the hot sauce and salt.
- When cooking is complete, transfer the wings to the bowl with the hot sauce mixture and toss to coat them.